Questions tagged [python]
Python is an interpreted, general-purpose high-level programming language whose design philosophy emphasizes code readability. Use the python tag for all Python related questions. If you believe your question may be even more specific, you can include a version specific tag such as python-3.x.
15,751 questions
Score of 0
0 answers
35 views
Refactoring duplicate positive amount validation across invoice and pricing modules
I have a Python billing package where two separate modules (invoice.py and pricing.py) implement the exact same validation logic ...
Score of 6
2 answers
268 views
Timeit for Code with In-Place Modification
Motivation
I use timing and profiling tools often, but sometimes I want to time code which will modify values in-place. This is a notable shortcoming of the builtin ...
Score of 4
4 answers
481 views
Traffic data analysis study project with Pandas and numpy
I am a traffic engineering student studying Python for data science and was able to get some real raw traffic counters output from my teacher for excercise.
Would love to get some feedback, since I am ...
Score of 3
5 answers
252 views
Menu screen with multiple different functions
My code is based on trying to make a working menu screen with multiple different functions. I have been trying to learn on and off for a couple of years. I mostly use a lot of definitions in my code ...
Score of 1
1 answer
299 views
Selection sort in Python
Just a simple selection sort this time.
Code
...
Score of 5
4 answers
405 views
Data Engineering Assignment (learning to make Data Pipeline)
I am doing an internship, and my senior gave me this assignment that I build a pipeline that will get data from an API and then insert into a database, and it should handle all possible errors and it ...
Score of 5
3 answers
899 views
Terminal-based text RPG in Python
I'm an intermediate-beginner Python programmer with backend development as my end goal. This is a personal project — a terminal-based RPG — that I'm using to practice functions, dictionaries, loops, ...
Score of 2
3 answers
141 views
Train ResNet18 CNN model for automatic fishing in Minecraft
This model classifies the state of the float in the area in the center of the screen.
Input images have a resolution of 256x256.
I would like a general code review.
...
Score of 0
2 answers
82 views
Speeding up computation of binomials in Python
Intro
This post is a rewrite of Speeding up computation of binomials with Java's BigIntegers.
Code
binomial.py:
...
Score of 4
2 answers
490 views
Chess game In Python using Qt
I made a Chess game in Python using PySide6 (Python Bindings for Qt). I would appreciate any comments and feedbacks.
I have implemented all of the Chess move that I know, including the special moves ...
Score of 4
3 answers
301 views
Benchmarking Type Hint Validation in Python
I've been working on a lightweight, pure-Python runtime type enforcement package called type_enforced (zero dependencies, enforces Python hints at runtime on ...
Score of 6
3 answers
810 views
CLI invoice generator
This is a CLI invoice generator. It takes payer and payee details, due date, reference and line items and a template and produces an invoice in HTML. The template has access to the following data
...
Score of 7
4 answers
360 views
Interactor, controller and presenter for searching accounts on different social networks
I am learning Сlean Architecture, and for practice, I am writing a Python program for searching accounts on different social networks.
I am writing interactor for searching accounts:
...
Score of 5
4 answers
960 views
Python script that evaluates any math function at 10000 points
I have a Python script that calculates any math function between two intervals at n number of points. It also handles singularities of the function. This is part of ...
Score of -1
1 answer
83 views
Instantiating a Python class based on an enum value [closed]
In my current code, I need to create an instance of one of two classes based on the value of an enum. I want to do this in a way that optimally balances readability, maintainability, and conciseness. ...