Skip to main content
The 2026 Annual Developer Survey Results Site is live— view the results here!

Question list filters

Filter by
Sorted by
Tagged with
Score of 1
1 answer
156 views

I am trying to implement a small Shell in C, one of the builtins required by my school project is cd. To do it, I use chdir to get a grip on some basics directory movement. I have read the man of cd ...
Score of 0
0 answers
36 views

I have a program in Python that activates the virtual environment and then returns to project folder and executes the main project file: os.chdir('venv/Scripts') os.system('activate') os.chdir('../../'...
Score of -1
1 answer
69 views

I'm having an issue with the following Python code that aims to change the working directory using os.chdir: if command.startswith("cd"): #C:\Users\užívateľ\Desktop\File Manager\File Manager\...
Score of 0
0 answers
56 views

I have two questions: 1) why is this simple code not changing directories? And, 2)Why doesn't my On Error code jump to the goto label? I was under the impression that the code between the Error label ...
Score of 0
1 answer
76 views

Is there a way to change directory in Python to a folder starting by a fixed character, but the rest of the name use a "whatever the rest of the name"? path = os.getenv("HOME") ...
Score of 1
1 answer
415 views

Let's say I have the following in my AutoRun script: @doskey cd = @( ^ for /f usebackq^^ delims^^=^^ eol^^= %%a in (^ '$* ' ^ ) do @( ^ if "%%~a"==" " ( ^ ...
Score of 0
1 answer
246 views

When linking some object files together using ld, an error occurs: undefined reference to symbol 'chdir@@GLIBC_2.2.5' undefined reference to symbol 'setlocale@@GLIBC_2.2.5' Do I need to link a ...
user avatar
Score of 0
1 answer
146 views

I am currently writing a shell in C (school project). My cd and pwd is working. But when I do: cd /bin and after pwd, pwd shows /usr/bin. For me it looks like execve with pwd can't handle /bin but why?...
Score of 0
1 answer
418 views

Here is an example of my directory: Auto ├── Test │ └── Test.csv ├── Test2 │ └── Test2.csv └── new.csv I am trying to read all the csv files in the directory. Here is my code: import glob, os os....
Score of 1
1 answer
438 views

I'm trying to code the command cd in C without using the exec functions, I already did the cd -P version but I can't seem to find a way to do cd (cd -L) because the function chdir resolves the ...
Score of 0
0 answers
236 views

I'm trying to create a C program that emulates a Bash shell. For the cd file instruction I use chdir("file") but it isn't correct because chdir() always resolves symlinks while cd doesn't by ...
user avatar
Score of 2
2 answers
2171 views

I referred to the answers given here - How to call python script on excel vba? But it didn't work for me. I simply see a screen flash before me and the Python script simply does not run. The Python ...
Score of 2
0 answers
231 views

I often put the following lines at the beginning of my Maxima files load("operatingsystem")$ chdir("/Users/tilda/Documents/progs/maxima/spm/")$ to make sure that output created ...
Score of 0
1 answer
237 views

Running a script with exec, how does one "backup" python process global state in its entirety and restores it afterwards? code example: import os print(os.getcwd()) a = 8 print(a) exec_scope ...
Score of -1
1 answer
535 views

char *home = getenv("HOME"); if (!strcmp(t->argv[0], "cd")) { if (!t->argv[1]) { chdir(home); } if (chdir(t->argv[1])) { ...

15 30 50 per page
1
2 3 4 5
…
14