244 questions
Score of 5
1 answer
110 views
write(2) syscall returns EFAULT for string in .rodata on OpenBSD 7.3--7.8
I'm writing a hello-world program in i386 assembly for OpenBSD 7.8. The program works if the string (buf argument of write(2)) is in .data or on the stack, but write(2) returns EFAULT (== 14) if the ...
Score of 0
1 answer
323 views
How can I raise Unbound's limit on local-zones in a view?
After upgrading from unbound 1.18 to 1.21, unbound has about a 10k-line limit on the number of local-zone directives in a view. How can I raise this limit to match the older version?
I upgraded a ...
Score of 0
1 answer
233 views
OpenBSD httpd location match patterns rule returns 404 for anything beginning with any character in the set
In configuring location match rules for OpenBSD httpd, which uses patterns, an OpenBSD implementation of Lua patterns, the following rules result in any request that begins with one of the characters (...
Score of 0
1 answer
310 views
Can anyone explain to me SCM_RIGHTS in openbsd-7.5?
I was tasked with an assignment to implement something similar to SCM_RIGHTS in openbsd-7.5. My understanding is that SCM_RIGHTS isn't really a block of code, its more of a macro that is used with ...
Score of 3
1 answer
161 views
How can I use a IPV6-only socket on BSD systems?
I am trying to listen on a socket. If the user specifies to use IPv6, I use the following, which works on Linux:
setsockopt(listen_fd, SOL_IPV6, IPV6_V6ONLY, &one, sizeof(one));
But SOL_IPV6 does ...
Score of 1
1 answer
314 views
Remove .html and .php extensions from the URL using OpenBSD's httpd.conf file
This might be more of a regex question or maybe a httpd.conf but I think I'm pretty close. Just need a bit of help. Let me say, I always struggle with regex, despite websites like this: https://...
Score of 2
0 answers
128 views
compile gcc on openbsd for libgccjit -- unable to find libc.a
I have cloned gcc repo from (https://github.com/gcc-mirror/gcc/tree/releases/gcc-13). Configured within build directory as such:
../configure --enable-host-shared --enable-languages=jit,c++ --disable-...
Score of 0
1 answer
229 views
cgit is not serving to the right path
I'm using OpenBSD, and my home page index.html is in /var/www/web, while my cgit is in /var/www/cgit. Right now, my home page is serving correctly, to [website-link]/, but [website-link]/cgit is ...
Score of 3
1 answer
457 views
Are there always-used and Kernel-specific system call for BSDs and Linux?
I am currently working on a project depends on detecting which OS the executable belong to.
I am only working on ELF executable format so I tried to use e_ident[EI_OSABI] value but doesn't give ...
Score of 1
0 answers
97 views
lein deps fails with cljfx
I am trying to use cljfx. However, lein deps fails and I got a bit stuck...
the error I get is
Could not find artifact org.openjfx:javafx-controls:jar:${javafx.platform}:19.0.2.1
in central (https://...
Score of 1
0 answers
364 views
Setup YubiKey login on OpenBSD
How can I configure YubiKey-based login on OpenBSD without relying on the YubiKey Personalization GUI?
I attempted to set up YubiKey login on OpenBSD by following various online tutorials that explain ...
Score of 1
1 answer
149 views
Is It bad for performance if a bunch of threads are in a blocking state?
Does the Linux or BSD kernel slow down if a program has a bunch of threads in a blocking io state, or is the performance deficit so negligible that it can be ignored. I am writing a server program ...
Score of 1
0 answers
46 views
Application freezes when 2xclick on the binary but ok if run from a terminal
I have a fpc (free pascal) with msegui widgetset application that compiles ok on OpenBSD.
It runs perfectly when launched from terminal.
But if 2xclick on the binary in the window manager, the app ...
Score of 1
1 answer
811 views
How to write a working rc.d script for OpenBSD to launch a ruby program that lives in /sbin/?
This is everything that I've done:
I wrote the rc.d/ script, it looks like this:
#!/bin/ksh
daemon="/usr/local/sbin/dynaruby"
name="dynaruby"
. /etc/rc.d/rc.subr
rc_cmd $1
The ...
Score of 0
1 answer
180 views
lazy binding failed: undefined symbol 'XRRGetScreenInfo' - compiling sfml program on openbsd
I'm trying to get SFML to work and I ran into this strange problem:
clang++ test.cpp -L/usr/local/lib/ -lsfml-graphics -lsfml-window -lsfml-system
./a.out
a.out:/usr/local/lib/libsfml-window.so.2.0: ...