10,861 questions
Score of 1
1 answer
175 views
"RuntimeError: PdhAddEnglishCounterW failed" in python psutil module
I try to get free memory and swap amounts on Windows 7 64bit machine with psutil python module. Virtual memory info works normally, but getting swap information failed:
Python 3.8.6 (tags/v3.8.6:...
Score of 2
1 answer
171 views
C# GDI+ questionable font rendering on Win 7
I am trying to render some kind of a picture using GDI+ with dynamically loaded fonts. Here is a minimal example (.NET 8.0):
private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
...
Score of 1
0 answers
65 views
Why doesn't WMI query for SoftwareLicensingProduct work on Windows 7 SP1?
The following query returns no results when run with wbemtest on Windows 7 SP1:
SELECT LicenseStatus FROM SoftwareLicensingProduct WHERE ApplicationId = '55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f' AND ...
Score of 0
0 answers
72 views
Sublime Text cannot find Python but I installed it in path
On latest version of Sublime, using Windows 7.
This is what it's saying:
[WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified
[cmd: ['py', '-u', 'C:\\Users\\Admin\\Desktop\\STR2LEET.py']]
[dir: C:\...
Score of 0
0 answers
58 views
W7. Python has stopped working When running bots on discord
The problem happened right after I executed the command on the discord server.
This problem has happened many times on my win7 despite trying and fixing it in many ways such as upgrading pip, checking ...
Score of 0
1 answer
684 views
Is there any way to run php8.3.x or php8.4.x on Windows 7?
I need to run wamp locally on a Windows 7 laptop. Environment: apache2.4.63 / mysql8.3 / php 8.3.x or 8.4.x
Apache and mysql are already running on Windows 7. My current installation is php8.2.19 and ...
Score of 0
1 answer
73 views
Gamemaker Mobile device Inconsistent Drag Speed Across Different Operating Systems (Win7 vs. Win10)
I'm developing a game in GameMaker Studio 2 where I implemented touch-based object dragging functionality. The code works as expected on Windows 7, but when testing on Windows 10, the dragging speed ...
Score of 0
0 answers
247 views
How do I gray out the service startup type for my own windows service? (The service is written using win32 API )
I am writing a service, in which I want to restrict users from modifying service startup type. How do I do? I have attached a windows service which grays out the startup option.
WinDefend - Service ...
Score of 0
0 answers
477 views
How to fix the broken Wingdings font?
An application that I work with broke after the upgrade of the OS to Windows 10. Nothing else changed: the version of .NET, the C# project, the Visual Studio are still the same versions.
It displays ...
Score of 0
0 answers
131 views
Localization resources with Win10 and Two output file names resolved to the same output path
I have a C# project, which builds fine on Win7. I am now attempting to build the project on Win10, as DigiCert no longer supports Win7 for code signing certificates. The project is complicated enough ...
Score of 2
1 answer
272 views
VB6 option to "Make EXE" is missing [duplicate]
I still use the VB6 IDE for some projects, but as of today the menu option "File... Make EXE" is greyed out. This isn't specific to one project -- no current or past project will compile to ...
Score of 1
0 answers
59 views
Considering Proxmox to replace individual legacy PCs and LAN servers
I have been developing software since the early 1980s and have maintained a number of old PCs for product support of legacy systems. Some have not been turned on in years, but apart from the Z-80 8-...
Score of 0
0 answers
127 views
MiniDumpWriteDump execution error on Windows 7
I have a task to collect dumps of running processes in windows. For this purpose I use MiniDumpWriteDump function. I have no problems with this function on OS older than Windows 7. However, recently ...
Score of 0
0 answers
149 views
How to use http/2 for ASP.NET Core Web app on win 7?
I am writing an ASP.NET Core MVC web app on my Win 7 laptop. The .NET SDK version is 5.0.17.
And when I use a Google API, I get an error
HttpRequestException: Requesting HTTP version 2.0 with version ...
Score of 0
0 answers
73 views
DLL not found when Debugg using Windbg for Windows7
When I try to debug program using Windbg in Windows7,always met with Error below(symbol prompts on)
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All ...