You signed in with another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You switched accounts on another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.Dismiss alert
{{ message }}
Repository navigation
allow python to build for macosx-11.0-arm64 #85336
I am happy to see the patch from the Apple team.
By the way, is there any way to check that the CPython team can check all the tests works well on the ARM macOS?
The tests do not all pass yet, I thought I'd try with the tiny patch to enable building on arm and follow up with more after I getting feedback.
If you prefer, I can wait until I have a complete patch that addresses all test failures on arm, but if you want to do it that way I think it will have to wait until the next seed of Mac OS 11 comes out.
If you want to test it yourself on an arm Mac, we have Developer Transition Kits that include an arm Mac mini
Lawrence, thanks for the PR. We appreciate any insights from you all. We ahve already started to build using the first seed of Big Sur and have already committed some fixes. Rather than having multiple open issues covering the same topic, I'd like to suggest that we use the existing one bpo-41100 to consolidate the PRs; to that end, I've changed the title of your PR (PR 21224) to reference that issue and I'm going to close this one. I'll add you to the other issue and we can continue discussions. BTW, I believe a DTK is in Ronald's future :)
Activity
lawrence-danna-apple commentedon Jun 29, 2020
allow python to build for macosx-11.0-arm64, by adding the appropriate case to configure.ac
corona10 commentedon Jun 30, 2020
Thanks, Lawrence for the patch.
I am happy to see the patch from the Apple team.
By the way, is there any way to check that the CPython team can check all the tests works well on the ARM macOS?
lawrence-danna-apple commentedon Jun 30, 2020
The tests do not all pass yet, I thought I'd try with the tiny patch to enable building on arm and follow up with more after I getting feedback.
If you prefer, I can wait until I have a complete patch that addresses all test failures on arm, but if you want to do it that way I think it will have to wait until the next seed of Mac OS 11 comes out.
If you want to test it yourself on an arm Mac, we have Developer Transition Kits that include an arm Mac mini
https://developer.apple.com/programs/universal/
ned-deily commentedon Jun 30, 2020
Lawrence, thanks for the PR. We appreciate any insights from you all. We ahve already started to build using the first seed of Big Sur and have already committed some fixes. Rather than having multiple open issues covering the same topic, I'd like to suggest that we use the existing one bpo-41100 to consolidate the PRs; to that end, I've changed the title of your PR (PR 21224) to reference that issue and I'm going to close this one. I'll add you to the other issue and we can continue discussions. BTW, I believe a DTK is in Ronald's future :)
lawrence-danna-apple commentedon Jun 30, 2020
sound good, thanks
ronaldoussoren commentedon Jun 30, 2020
FYI I have as of a couple of minutes ago received a developer transition kit and can, and will, test on the new hardware.