33,241 questions
Score of -3
0 answers
71 views
Snowpark Connect for Spark: Do Spark JDBC Properties Work,if Yes How Can I Validate Them? [closed]
I am using Snowpark Connect for Spark to create a Spark session:
from snowflake import snowpark_connect
spark = snowpark_connect.init_spark_session()
I am trying to validate whether standard Spark ...
Score of -2
1 answer
111 views
Using AWS Secrets Manager JDBC Library with DataNucleus
In our application we want to replace the default PostgreSQL JDBC driver with the AWS Secrets Manager JDBC driver to handle RDS database credentials rotation. According to the AWS documentation we ...
Score of 0
1 answer
119 views
How to intercept PreparedStatement and reconstruct SQL with parameters using Byte Buddy for GBase 8c JDBC driver?
I need something similar to log4jdbc to log SQL statements initiated by the application along with their execution times via the JDBC driver side.
However, instead of using log4jdbc's proxy-based ...
Score of 2
1 answer
135 views
MySQL Connector/J 9.5 returns no rows from PreparedStatement (Statement works)
After upgrading MySQL Connector/J from 9.4.0 to 9.5.0, connections to OceanBase (MySQL mode) work, but PreparedStatement queries return zero rows. The same SQL works with a plain Statement, and the ...
Score of 1
1 answer
173 views
Delete Query working in SQLYog, but not in Java [closed]
@Override
public String getDeleteQuery() {
return "DELETE FROM prod_evidencija WHERE idProdavac = ? AND idProdavnica = ? AND datum = ?";
}
@Override
public void ...
Score of 2
1 answer
230 views
Spring Boot 4.0.6 and Spring Batch 6 - the Spring Batch tables are not being created
I am using Spring Boot 4.0.6 with Spring Batch and MySQL with Docker; however, the Spring Batch tables (e.g. BATCH_JOB_EXECUTION, etc.) in the spring_batch schema are not being created automatically.
...
Score of 0
1 answer
106 views
Client does not support Authentication Protocol
Im running the Java file in vs code I'm getting exception like java.sql.SQLException: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server, consider upgrading MySQL client. Im using ...
Score of 0
1 answer
104 views
What's the best approach to filtering based on max and min of a related table's values are within a specified range?
Sorry if my title is hard to parse and makes no sense, English isn't my first language, and putting my requirement into words is little difficult.
I have two tables, one called requests and one called ...
Score of 2
1 answer
130 views
Is it possible to run an Oracle package to create a table via JDBC
I am trying to move a database creation process from SQL plus to JDBC. I need to run a bunch of processes attached to Oracle packages.
BEGIN
ddl.column('table_name', 'column_name', 'type')
END
I ...
Score of 0
1 answer
110 views
How can I apply a streaming parameter from Java into an Oracle BLOB?
I want to search an Oracle table by a Blob using streaming. This example runs well in DB2, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MySQL, but it fails with an error in Oracle. I have the following table:
create ...
Score of 0
4 answers
191 views
Oracle, PL/SQL and Java
I’m a PL/SQL developer with strong Oracle experience, interviewing for a role in a Java-based team. They’re happy with my database skills but want me to learn few Java skills before the next round.
...
Score of 1
3 answers
213 views
Slow performance with SQL Server MERGE using Spring JdbcTemplate batchUpdate for ~14k records
I am experiencing significant performance issues when performing an "upsert" operation on a SQL Server table using Spring Boot's JdbcTemplate.batchUpdate in my Java 17, springboot 3.2.5 ...
Score of 6
2 answers
146 views
Cross-vendor BYTEA / BLOB fetch
PSQLException gets thrown when calling resultSet.getBlob(String) (with NumberFormatException as the cause). The column is of type BYTEA since there are no Blobs in Postgres.
Bad value for type long : ...
Score of 0
1 answer
74 views
Best practice to set up user_id session variables using jOOQ
I'm using PostgreSQL RLS which relies on session variables (current_setting) to find out current tenant/user and filter data accordingly. What is the best way to set these values when using jOOQ to ...
Score of 0
3 answers
198 views
Impossible to connect to a Microsoft Access database in LibreOffice 25.2 with UCanAccess and jdbcDriverOOo 1.6.2
I need to edit the content of a MDB file under Debian Linux 12 with LibreOffice 25.2.
I tried to use the solution mentioned in the documentation (relying on UCanAccess) without success: I added the ...