139,875 questions
Score of -4
0 answers
90 views
Dapper on a 3 tier architecture [closed]
I have a system architecture where my user's desktop program communicates with an API on a server, which then communicates with SQL Server on a different server. This is to limit the access to the SQL ...
Score of 3
1 answer
102 views
How to specify MiniExcel templates
I am using MiniExcel to export data using this code:
Using con As New SqlConnection(ConString)
Dim com As New SqlCommand("Get_ExcelData", con) With {.CommandType = CommandType....
Score of 0
1 answer
104 views
Datarow.RejectChanges does not prevent changes from being written to the underlying database when the table is updated
My Visual Studio 2026 Winforms application on .NET 4.7.2 has a form that displays data from a parent table (Jobs) and three related child tables. Constraints are not created when the relationships are ...
Score of -3
0 answers
153 views
Getting different iText results in deployed app versus the designer
Working with VB.NET in VS2022, on .NET 4.8. My app works fine using iText v9.7.0 in the VS IDE, however when testing either a debug or release build I am getting iText errors. I recently updated all ...
Score of 0
1 answer
152 views
Merging Multiple PDF's [duplicate]
I am using the following code to test merging PDF's, and get an error "Unknown PDFException" at the line "Using pdfWriter As New PdfWriter(outputFile)"
I have the following Imports ...
Score of 1
0 answers
88 views
Why the screensaver does not show a transparent circle?
I am developing a screensaver using vb.net, wherein a transparent circle is moving around the screen on a black background. The executable is working fine, but when the file is renamed as .scr and ...
Score of 1
1 answer
103 views
Can EventHandlers in Module cause Memory Leak
Here is a simple version of how I add an event handler to a control's click or move events. What I cannot get my head around yet is whether this pattern will potentially cause a memory leak. The form ...
Score of 0
0 answers
182 views
How to left join tableB to tableA and save changes to table B
I have an SQL query that left joins tableB to tableA as shown below:
CN.Open()
'The view vTimeTest relates the Time to JobMaster and Employees grouped by JobMaster.Name, Time.QB, Employees.ID and Time....
Score of 1
1 answer
148 views
Relate two tables, one table has no data yet
I need to relate two tables on four columns where one table is new and has no data (rows) yet. Here is the code I have so far where DS is the dataset containing the two tables, DA and DACom are the ...
Score of 3
1 answer
160 views
Problems sending hex code via Serial port to a Customer Display (CD7220) in VB.Net
I've done a stack of research but not found any solutions, hope you can help:
I have a PartnerTech CD7220 Customer Display that is connected via USB but the driver creates a virtual COM port. I have ...
Score of 0
3 answers
201 views
Prevent a label from "scrolling" when a count is being updated from a ListView control
I have a form in VB.NET that contains a ListView control. I am using the ItemSelectionChanged event to display the number of items selected.
I also have some other code that both:
Selects items that ...
Score of 1
1 answer
95 views
Get GroupName from DisplayAttribute
I would need to obtain only the properties that are in the group "RegexAttributes" to compose the regular expression. The code I have now works because there are no other properties with the ...
Score of 0
1 answer
163 views
Storing large files in SQL Server via a web method [duplicate]
I have an environment with a desktop app on each user's computer that communicates to a web method in a web service on a server which then communicates with SQL Server on a separate server. The web ...
Score of 0
0 answers
185 views
Update a database table from a dataset
I use a database table as the binding source for a DataGridView.
The table consists of only two columns (essentially a key-value table). In the DataGridView, I can change the order of the rows using ...
Score of 0
2 answers
125 views
Add checkbox to second column
I have a ListViewGroup control like this:
I need to add a checkbox for a specific item in the second column. The problem is that the click doesn't work, items can't be checked/unchecked (column 1 or ...