Skip to main content
Just launched! Check out the new Stack Internal platform. Create a free workspace
solrevdev's user avatar
solrevdev's user avatar
solrevdev's user avatar
solrevdev
C# and .NET developer. Microsoft certified, ex head of infrastructure and operations.
  • Member for 18 years, 1 month
  • Last seen more than a week ago

Profile

Stats

9,063
reputation
889k
reached
14
answers
16
questions
Loading…

About

I'm John Smith, a Microsoft-certified C# and .NET developer in the UK. I was previously head of infrastructure and operations, and a lot of how I think about software still comes from that blend of code, delivery, hosting and production support.

My day-to-day stack is ASP.NET Core, C#, .NET, MySQL, SQL Server, Docker and Git. I like simple, durable web technology and reach for vanilla JavaScript before adding a framework.

I build small .NET global tools: command-line utilities that do one useful thing, install cleanly and ship through normal .NET tooling.

AI is now a major part of how I work, for code exploration, refactoring, debugging, test ideas and documentation.

I write about all of it at https://solrevdev.com.

11
gold badges
44
silver badges
50
bronze badges
30
Score
2
Posts
7
Posts %
30
Score
2
Posts
7
Posts %
30
Score
2
Posts
7
Posts %
18
Score
7
Posts
23
Posts %
5
Score
2
Posts
7
Posts %
3
Score
4
Posts
13
Posts %

Top posts

View all questions, answers, and articles